Making your own dressing cuts down on unnecessary sugar and sodium and ensures you are getting a high quality fat source, like olive oil. Olive oil is a heart-healthy fat and a staple of the Mediterranean diet. We love using olive oil in all kinds of dressings and marinades!
There are so many different ways to enjoy this salad!
- Serve it over arugula or your favorite salad greens.
- Add canned tuna for additiojnal proten and healthy fats.
- Sere it as a wrap in a whole wheat pita.
- Instead of zucchini and red bell peppers, substitute cucumber and tomatoes or your favorite veggies!
Get creative with this versatile salad and go with whatever you are in the mood for.
Greek Lentil Salad
Lentils are a great way to add plant-based protein and extra fiber to any salad.
Making your own dressing cuts down on unnecessary sugar and sodium and ensures you are getting a high-quality fat source, like olive oil. Olive oil is a heart-healthy fat and a staple of the Mediterranean diet. We love using olive oil in all kinds of dressings and marinades!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1 package Trader Joe’s steamed lentils (2 cups cooked if using your own)
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 8 kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl, except feta.
- In a small jar with a screw-top lid, add the dressing ingredients. Secure lid and shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Serve and top with crumbled feta.
Keywords: lentils, salad, Greek, bowl