We named these cookies POWER cookies because they are full of nutrients that fuel your brain and body. Oat bran and shredded apple add fiber to keep you full and focused all morning long. Chia seeds and walnuts add a dose of healthy fat.
Pair these muffins with a protein like Greek yogurt, almond butter or hard-boiled eggs to make a complete, balanced breakfast. Most importantly, make these in advance so you can grab-and-go in the morning without worrying about what you’ll eat for breakfast to keep you full all morning.
Grab n’ Go Power Cookies
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp chia seed
- 2 Tbsp oat bran
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe medium banana mashed
- 1 cup grated peeled apple
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, chia seeds, oat bran, oats, baking soda, spices, and salt in a large mixing
- bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, oil, maple syrup, and banana. Mix well.
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry until just combined, then fold in the grated apple,
- dates, and nuts (if using).
- Using a cookie scoop, roll a ball of dough and press down gently to shape into a cookie
- form – cookies will not spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.