Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable loaded with vitamins, mineral and phytonutrients. Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower contain glucosinolates, a group of plant compounds which reduce inflammation and have cancer-fighting properties.
We love using cauliflower rice to boost the overall nutrient content of our meals. Don’t get us wrong – we have nothing against brown rice and whole grains, but sometimes we prefer lightening up and boosting the overall nutrient content of our meals with cauliflower rice.
This cauliflower fried rice is such a simple and delicious side that pairs with about any meal. If you love this recipe, be sure to try our other cauliflower rice flavor variations: Cauliflower “Fried” Rice, Moroccan Cauliflower Couscous and Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ¼ cup of your favorite herbs roughly chopped: basil parsley, cilantro
- 1, 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice or about 4 cups fresh riced cauliflower
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add frozen cauliflower, salt, pepper and cayenne stirring to combine. Continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or more until cauliflower is tender.
- Add herbs and remove from heat and adjust seasonings