This cauliflower fried rice is excellent paired with our Moroccan Chicken & Cauliflower Couscous Bowls. If you love this recipe, be sure to try our other cauliflower rice flavor variations: Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice. Cauliflower “Fried” Rice and Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable loaded with vitamins, mineral and phytonutrients. Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower contain glucosinolates, a group of plant compounds which reduce inflammation and have cancer-fighting properties.
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ onion diced
- ½ jalapeño seeded and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- Dash of cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice or about 4 cups fresh riced cauliflower
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add tomato paste and frozen cauliflower, stirring to combine. Continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat, adjust seasonings and top with cilantro.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!