This salad is full of fall flavor! In addition to tons of flavor, this salad is packed with health-benefiting nutrients. Kale, cabbage and Brussel sprouts are all cruciferous vegetables, a family of vegetables that has cancer-fighting properties. The pecans provide satiating healthy fats and vitamin E, a potent antioxidant.
Enjoy this salad as a side dish or top it with the protein of your choice to make it an entree. We love pairing this salad with chicken, salmon, shrimp or quinoa for a protein-boost!
Fall Kale & Apple Harvest Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups kale de stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup brussels sprouts shaved
- 1 honeycrisp apple thinly sliced
- Lemon juice
- ½ cup pecans toasted and chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. When preparing your ingredients, place sliced apples in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice all over and toss. Let rest while you prepare the other ingredients. This will help prevent the apples from browning.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and add a little of the dressing and massage using your hands for about 1 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, brussels sprouts, and apples and a little more of the dressing and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with pecans and goat cheese.