This is one of my favorite quarantine cooking bowls from last summer that was developed by my daughter Kate, it felt like we were eating out when we were really dining in!
This bowl is the definition of quick and easy- it comes together in about 15 minutes with staples from your refrigerator and freezer. You know I love keeping fish-fixe frozen fish in my freezer for quick dinners – add some grated carrots, avocado, edamame and brown rice from the freezer and Viola! Dinner is done.
Tuna is a great source of lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids helps support brain and heart health!
Everything But the Bagel Crusted Tuna Bowl
- 2 - 6 oz Ahi tuna steaks
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 1-2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 head of butter lettuce washed and torn into pieces.
- 2-3 carrots grated
- ½ cup frozen edamame thawed
- ½ avocado diced
- 2 scallions sliced thinly
- 1 cup brown rice optional
- Sesame dressing we used primal kitchen
- Place EBTB seasoning on a plate. Brush tuna steaks with a little avocado oil. Coat the tuna steaks in the seasoning making sure to include the sides of tuna.
- Heat the remaining avocado oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of steaks. Turn gently with tongs and make sure to sear the sides. Set aside and let cool then slice the tuna.
- Divide the lettuce between two bowls, add the sliced tuna, carrots, edamame, avocado, scallions and brown rice. Drizzle with your favorite sesame dressing.