This recipe is adapted from a favorite by Giada De Laurentiis. We added tomatoes for additional nutrients. Tomatoes provide lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that has anticancer and antioxidant properties. Tomatoes are also a water-rich vegetable so can help you meet your daily hydration goals!
The radicchio, endive and fennel give this tuna salad a crisp texture and a burst of fall flavors. This salad is equally great for weeknight lunches as it is for entertaining guests. Tuna is a great lean protein option that is also a good source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. Cannellini beans provide protein and fiber, as well as a wealth of B vitamins. Enjoy!
Crisp Italian Tuna Salad
- 1 5 ounces can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 small radicchio cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Belgian endive cut into 2" pieces
- 1 small bulb fennel shaved on a mandolin or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- toasted pine nuts for garnish
Creamy Lemon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15 ounces can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Add dressing ingredients to a blender and pulse until just combined, leaving some of the beans intact.
- In a large bowl, pour dressing over tuna and toss lightly to coat. Add remaining salad ingredients, excluding the pine nuts, and toss the salad together until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with toasted pine nuts.