This easy, refreshing watermelon and feta salad is perfect for summer. Watermelon, feta and arugula is a classic summer combination, but to change things up a bit we added a Kalamata olive dressing on top. The salty and sweet combination is the perfect pairing – we promise!
Watermelon is a favorite summer fruit. It’s hydrating and full of vitamins C and A, potassium, and the antioxidant lycopene. It’s also great at satisfying your sweet tooth!
Watermelon and Feta Salad with Kalamata Olive Vinaigrette
This easy, refreshing watermelon and feta salad is perfect for summer. Watermelon, feta and arugula is a classic summer combination but to change things up a bit we added a Kalamata olive dressing on top.
- 4 cups of cubed watermelon about 1 cup per person
- 1 cup of Arugula
- ½ cup of feta cheese crumbled
Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup)
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup of kalamata olive finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: Place olive oil, red wine vinegar, olives, basil, oregano, garlic, and sugar in a mason jar. Shake until incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut watermelon into 1 inch cubes
- Stack cubes on serving platter
- Sprinkle arugula over cubes, then crumbled feta.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the top. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!