This easy, refreshing watermelon and feta salad is perfect for summer. Watermelon, feta and arugula is a classic summer combination, but to change things up a bit we added a Kalamata olive dressing on top. The salty and sweet combination is the perfect pairing – we promise!
Watermelon is a favorite summer fruit. It’s hydrating and full of vitamins C and A, potassium, and the antioxidant lycopene. It’s also great at satisfying your sweet tooth!
Watermelon and Feta Salad with Kalamata Olive Vinaigrette
- 4 cups of cubed watermelon about 1 cup per person
- 1 cup of Arugula
- ½ cup of feta cheese crumbled
Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup)
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup of kalamata olive finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: Place olive oil, red wine vinegar, olives, basil, oregano, garlic, and sugar in a mason jar. Shake until incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut watermelon into 1 inch cubes
- Stack cubes on serving platter
- Sprinkle arugula over cubes, then crumbled feta.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the top. Salt and Pepper to taste.