This warm brussels sprout and pear salad is bursting with fall flavors! This would make a great side at Thanksgiving or any special holiday meal.
Brussel sprouts are rich in antioxidants which can help prevent cancer and reduce inflammation within the body. Pears contain potassium, a nutrient that flushes out excess sodium from the body. Reducing sodium within the body can help lower blood pressure and lower your risk for stroke and heart disease.
Nutritional Highlights: Brussel Sprouts are high in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential to reduce inflammation in the body and can reduce insulin resistance. Pears are high in potassium which flush out excess sodium in the body, reducing sodium intake can help lower your blood pressure.
Warm Brussel Sprout and Pear Salad
- 10 ounces Brussel sprouts shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pear chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the shredded Brussel sprouts. Cook for about 5 minutes, ensuring the Brussel sprouts keep their light green color. Do not to overcook.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked Brussel sprouts, pear, cranberries, and pecans and toss with the apple cider vinaigrette.