This soup is both hearty and light with protein from the turkey and beans, fiber from the beans and vegetables, and plenty of flavors all around!
Turkey, Kale, and White Bean Soup
This soup is both hearty and light with protein from the turkey and beans, fiber from the beans and vegetables, and plenty of flavor all around!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Soup
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 link mild or hot turkey sausage, casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale, stems removed, washed, and shredded
- 2 (15-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes with their juice
- 2 (19-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté about 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sausage and cook, breaking apart, until no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and kale to the pan and cook, stirring until the kale wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the kale is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the beans into the stew and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- For a thicker consistency, mash some of the beans with a fork.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if necessary, and serve.
Keywords: soup, beans, turkey, kale, tomatoes