This hearty salad makes the perfect weekday lunch. We love that it uses several pantry staples, including canned tuna, sun-dried tomatoes and canned white beans, so that it can be thrown together in a pinch! This salad keeps well in the fridge for several days so make it on a Sunday to have for quick lunches all week.
Thanks to the tuna and white beans, this salad is packed with protein and is going to keep you full all afternoon. Fish and beans are favorite protein sources in the Mediterranean diet, and beans provide the healthy bonus of fiber to keep you full and promote gut health. This salad gets better with time as the flavors continue to blend together.
Tuna and White Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Fish and beans are favorite protein sources in the Mediterranean diet, and beans provide the healthy bonus of fiber to keep you full and promote gut health.
- This salad gets better with time as the flavors continue to blend together.
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 5 oz cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Favorite mixed greens
- Feta cheese crumbled, to garnish
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Add the dried tomatoes and let marinate to soften (10 minutes).
- Place the beans and tuna in a medium bowl. Add the vinaigrette and tomatoes, season with salt & pepper, and toss gently to mix.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve over your favorite mixed greens.