This bread is such a treat! We adapted a recipe from Ambitious Kitchen and lightened up by using olive oil instead of coconut oil or butter. We also used fresh strawberries to top the bread instead of a glaze. Use fresh, seasonal strawberries for the best taste. Enjoy this for brunch or an afternoon treat!
The Best Strawberry Bread
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 5.3 ounce container Siggi’s strawberry or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups packed fine blanched almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups diced strawberries + 1 tablespoon oat flour
- ½ cup diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla extract, almond extract and olive oil until smooth.
- Next add dry ingredients to wet ingredients: almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Mix the diced strawberries + 1 tablespoon oat flour in a medium bowl. Fold the diced strawberries into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with ½ cup of diced strawberries. I place them by hand all across the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!