Thai Green Curry Chicken Soup
This soup is lightened up by using lite coconut milk, skinless chicken and whole grain noodles. It’s the perfect bowl of comfort!
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Thai
- 4 oz brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into 1-in chunks
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 3 Tbsp green curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (13.5oz) can lite coconut milk
- 2 cups snowpeas, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken, garlic, and onion to the pot and cook until the onion is golden and chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in green curry paste and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock and lite coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cook brown rice noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Stir snow peas, green onions, cilantro, and lime juice into the soup; season with salt and
- pepper to taste. Serve immediately over rice noodles. Garnish with extra green onions and cilantro if desired.
Keywords: thai, chicken, Soup, Dinner, Winter, One Pot