Why order take out when you can make this delicious Teriyaki Chicken Bowl at home in just 30 minutes (with only 10 minutes of hands-on prep time!).
Take-out food is typically high in saturated fat, sodium and calories. Restaurants usually serve huge portions of refined carbohydrates (like white rice and pasta) and not enough veggies. Making your favorite take-out foods at home is a great way to support health and your waistline. This bowl comes together so quickly because we used our favorite store-bought teriyaki sauce – Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce (look for the less sodium version!)
Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Bowls
- 1 lb chicken tenders cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 red bell peppers cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup Soy Vay Veri Teriyaki Sauce
- For serving over: brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Cashews chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken and vegetables in a large bowl and mix with 1/2 cup of the Teriyaki sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Stir halfway through at 10 minutes.
- Distribute evenly between bowls, top with green onions, cashews and remaining 1/4 cup of Teriyaki sauce, if desired. Serve over brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.