Using your slow cooker during a busy week is always a good idea. The prep for this chicken curry is as simple as combining the chicken and spices in your crockpot or slow cooker.
Curry powder contains cucumin, a natural anti-inflammatory compound. Research shows that curcumin may reduce the risk for heart disease, Alzheimer’s and even depression.
We recommend serving your curry brown rice and topping it with raisins, sliced green onions, chutney and chopped peanuts. So good!
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- Slow cooker
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 thumb fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/3 c tomato paste
- ¾ c water
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 c cooked brown rice
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt 2%
- Optional toppings: raisins, thinly sliced green onions, chutney, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts
- In the slow cooker, combine curry, garlic, ginger, cumin, onion, tomato paste, and water.
- Place chicken on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours until chicken is tender and internal temperature has reached 165F.
- Add Greek yogurt right before serving and combine.
- Serve over brown rice with and top with your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy with your favorite green salad!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!