Sheet pan meals like this one make it so easy to put a healthy, satisfying meal on the table for your family. We often find that once clients and friends discover the ease of sheet pan meals, they start cooking much more! And that’s a great thing for health. Research shows that individuals who cook more at home (i.e. 6-7 nights per week), consume fewer calories on average. On the Mediterranean Diet, we don’t count calories because when you start eating real, whole foods that you’ve prepared in your own kitchen, you don’t have to!
Asparagus is a great source of fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K while potatoes provide potassium and fiber. Serve this meal with a simple green salad to get in even more health-benefiting nutrients!
If you are in need of other good sheet pan recipes, check out our Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma!
Sheet Pan Prosciutto Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus
- 1 -1.5 pounds of chicken breast tenders
- Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounce package of sliced prosciutto
- 1 pound of tiny potatoes or baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 pound of Asparagus trimmed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chicken tenders on a cutting board. Spread a thin layer of dijon mustard on top of each tender and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Take a slice of prosciutto and cut in half lengthwise. Wrap the tender with one piece of prosciutto, covering the dijon and mozzarella and place on baking sheet seam side down. Repeat with remaining tenders.
- Toss potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and place on opposite side of baking sheet. Salt and pepper the baking sheet.
- Place chicken and potatoes in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken and potatoes are roasting, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- After 15 minutes, add asparagus to baking sheet and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Enjoy with your favorite salad!