Looking for an upgraded and lighter version of a potato salad for your next cookout? Look no further! We gave the classic potato salad a Mediterranean diet-approved spin by combining roasted potatoes with lots of colorful veggies including tomatoes, corn and spinach. Instead of a traditional mayo-based potato salad dressing, we tossed all of the veggies in a dijon vinaigrette. Yum!
Roasted Tomato, Corn and Potato Salad with Wilted Spinach
- 4 plum tomatoes quartered or 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ pound small red potatoes halved if large
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 ears of sweet corn shucked
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: ½ cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Place the tomatoes, potatoes and red onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are roasting, grill the corn over medium heat until nicely charred. Let cool and cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Make the dressing: in a small mason jar add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard and shake to combine.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl, when the potatoes, tomato mixture is done cooking place on top of spinach. Add the grilled corn. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with basil. Enjoy!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!