Sweet potatoes are high in the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is then converted into vitamin A once consumed. Pears are high in fiber, especially soluble fiber, which acts as a prebiotic to promote gut health.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Pears
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pears cubed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/4 c pecan halves roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon around the edge of the bowl, and toss to fully coat the sweet potatoes.
- Spread the sweet potatoes into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking chop the pears and coat with lemon juice.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, add pears, and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are caramelized and pears are still firm
- Add cranberries, pecans, and balsamic if you like, then serve!