Summer squash is a great vegetable for boosting your hydration and providing anti-inflammatory properties to your diet.
Try making your own pesto with fresh greens like spinach to add a nutritional punch to this traditional flavorful sauce.Print
Quick and Easy, Recipes, Salads
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 3 large yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Halloumi cheese, sliced into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush squash and halloumi with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, uncovered, until squash is tender and halloumi has grill marks (2-3 minutes per side).
- Plate cooked squash and halloumi on a serving dish and top with pesto and fresh basil chiffonade.