We love that these burgers sneak in some black beans and veggies. Plant-based foods are filled with fiber, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals, all of which work to prevent disease and keep us healthy. The black beans in these burgers add some plant-based protein and fiber while the mushrooms are a great source of B vitamins and selenium, a powerful antioxidant.
We love making a super simple sriracha mayo to go with these to add a little heat but feel free to omit the sriracha if you don’t like spice!
Nourish Blended Burger with Sriracha Mayo
- 4 oz Cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup black beans ~1/2 can
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz ground beef
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Sriracha to taste
- Place mushrooms in a food processor and process until mushrooms resemble ground beef.
- Heat pan over medium heat and saute mushrooms for about five minutes until moisture is reduced by half. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mash beans with a fork.
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper and beef. Mix thoroughly.
- Portion into four equal-sized patties.
- Cook burger patty on a grill until internal temperature reaches 155 F. Make sure to not flip the patty too many times, which could break up the burger.
- Combine mayonnaise with your favorite sriracha. Adjust sriracha amount based on your taste preferences.
- Serve burger with favorite toppings on a whole wheat bun.