Who doesn’t love a quick and easy microwave recipe? These egg cups are a perfect way to get in a protein-packed breakfast on a busy weekday morning.
Prep the mix-ins ahead of time so you can make this recipe in three minutes start to finish in the morning! We are sharing three different variations of these egg cups so that you can mix it up depending on what flavors you are craving. Feel free to get creative and add your own spin on these by including your favorite vegetable and cheese combo!
Nutritional Highlights: Eggs are a great source of protein, B vitamins, and selenium. This egg cup can be customized to add your favorite vegetables
Microwave Egg Cups
Who doesn't love a quick and easy microwave recipe? These egg cups are a perfect way to get in a protein-packed breakfast on a busy weekday morning.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Optional mix-ins - see variations below
- Caprese: 2 tablespoons chopped Canadian bacon, few chopped cherry tomatoes, sprinkle of mozzarella; top with 1 tsp pesto after cooking
- Veggie: 1⁄2 cup chopped spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes; top with 2 Tbsp avocado after cooking
- Mexican: 1⁄4 cup black beans, few chopped cherry tomatoes, 1⁄2 cup grated zucchini, 1 Tbsp salsa; top with 1 Tbsp diced avocado and/or a dollop of Greek yogurt
- Spray a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- Crack both eggs into the mug and add water or milk. Use a fork to blend, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in ingredients for the desired variation (see below).
- Place mug in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Check the mixture and stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until set.
- Cook up to a total of 2 minutes, depending on added ingredients.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!