This tuna salad is so simple yet so full of flavor! Canned tuna is on our list of pantry staples because it is full of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation and support brain and heart health. This salad is also loaded with colorful veggies providing fiber and antioxidants. The olive oil in the dressing adds an additional serving of heart-healthy fats.
This tuna salad keeps well in the fridge for several days so make it in advance and have it for lunch all week long!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This tuna salad is so simple yet so full of flavor! Tuna provides great protein while celery, bell pepper, and red onion provide fiber and vitamins and minerals, and the olives and olive oil provide healthy fats.
- 2 5-ounce cans solid white albacore tuna, well drained
- 3/4 cup celery finely sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 8 kalamata olives sliced
- feta cheese crumbled, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped, for garnish
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add tuna to a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork to separate tuna into flakes. Add all salad ingredients to the bowl and combine.
- In a separate small bowl, use a whisk to combine the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients, reserving extra if necessary.
- Stir gently to combine, and serve over your favorite greens or in a whole wheat pita pocket.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!