This is a satisfying and filling afternoon snack that will give you the energy needed to power through the rest of your day and avoid the dreaded afternoon crash! Nuts and seeds are a great snack option, providing filling protein and healthy fats. Dried fruits are a great source of vitamins and minerals as well as carbohydrates, which provide a quick burst of energy.
Feel free to swap the almonds for your favorite nut – cashews and walnuts would work well here too!
Homemade Trail Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips - can use vegan if like
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 12 dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine all the of the ingredients.
- Place in resealable container or Ziploc bag and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.