Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, a type of fat that is beneficial for both brain and heart health. Serve this simply grilled salmon topped with our Roasted Sweet Potato Salsa for added flavor and nutrients. Sweet potatoes are full of immune-boosting antioxidants, fiber and vitamins and minerals like vitamin A and C.
Salmon with Sweet Potato Salsa
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice or juice of 1 orange
- 6 to 8 basil leaves cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish. Rub the fillets with the canola oil, soy sauce, and orange juice. Turn the fillets to coat and press the basil onto fleshy side of the salmon.
- Heat a grill pan over medium to high heat. Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade, season with salt and pepper, and lay the fillets skin side down on the grill pan for 4 minutes, brushing the flesh side side with the reserved marinade.
- Turn the fillets and grill for an additional 4 minutes, spooning the marinade over them as they cook, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily. Serve immediately, topped with Roasted Sweet Potato Salsa.