We love this dish as a meatless main meal or a side dish with baked or grilled chicken. It is especially good paired with grilled chicken marinated in our Christie’s Chicken Marinade, which has a similar flavor profile!
Spaghetti squash is a great lower-calorie, lower carbohydrate alternative to pasta. It is also high in fiber, which can aid with digestion and weight loss and can help lower cholesterol levels. The neutral flavor of spaghetti squash absorbs all the flavors of this simple skillet meal.
Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 1/2 baked spaghetti squash about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup unsalted canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves torn
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- kalamata olives for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine squash, onion, tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, thyme, spinach, red pepper flakes, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add dressing to taste and toss to combine.
- Serve warm or cold topped with feta and olives.