This is a great recipe for nights when you just don’t know what to cook! It is just so easy to pop the ingredients in the slow cooker and voila, in 4-6 hours you have a super flavorful and satisfying meal. We love this chicken over zoodles or your favorite whole grain. To change it up, you can always add the shredded chicken to a pita pocket or to whole grain bread. This chicken freezes really well so freeze leftovers for busy weeknights in the future!
Easy Weeknight Slow-Cooker Tuscan Chicken
This easy slow-cooker chicken provides lean protein and plenty of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Potassium, Folate, Vitamin K, Iron, Zinc, and Manganese.
- 4 5 ounces skinless chicken breasts
- 1 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives sliced
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and stir in the basil and olives. Remove chicken using a slotted spoon, then shred using a fork.
- Serve with pasta, zucchini noodles, or your favorite whole grain.
- To refrigerate: store the cooled chicken and vegetables for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: store the cooled chicken and vegetables for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Variation: enjoy the shredded chicken inside of a pita pocket.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!