This recipe is full of vegetables, lean protein, and is a delicious spin on classic chicken salad. The apple in this recipe provides the perfect crunchy, sweet flavor while also providing fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants, which boost brain, heart and digestive health.
Curry powder is antioxidant-rich and adds great flavor to this dish.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium apple diced
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 3 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted cashews
- 1 package broccoli slaw
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, curry powder and salt.
- Add chicken, apple, celery and onion; toss to coat. Fold in the cashews.
- Top the salad with broccoli slaw and serve over a bed of greens.