These make for a super simple side! We used our air fryer to make crispy green bean “fries” and they turned out perfectly. If you don’t have an air fryer, we included oven directions, but we do prefer the texture that the air fryer is able to create. Enjoy!
Crispy Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs gluten-free if need
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- *cooking spray if baking in oven
- Garnish: more parmesan cheese red pepper flakes
- In a shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place egg in another shallow dish and whisk.
- Working in batches, coat a few green beans in the egg and then dip in the panko mixture, pressing to coat all sides. Place on plate.
Air Fryer (preferred method)
- Place green beans in a single layer in the air fryer making sure not to crowd.
- Cook at 400F for 5-6 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.
- preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place prepared green beans on baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!