This recipe is from my friend Cleo’s sister, Christie. I have it written on this tiny scrap of paper that I must have written at her house years ago! Cleo had a gift for entertaining and whenever you were invited for dinner you always knew the food would be fantastic.
The vinegar in this marinade tenderizes the chicken to make a moist and juicy product packed with flavor. This recipe proves that you can put together a super delicious marinade with ingredients that you always have on hand.
Christie's Chicken Marinade
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- Whisk together the first six ingredients in a large bowl to prepare the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts and onion in a gallon size airtight bag. Pour marinade over the chicken and combine so that chicken is evenly coated.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Grill marinated chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve atop salad greens or with your favorite roasted vegetables and whole-grain for a deliciously balanced meal.