Dessert doesn’t get much better than these Butterscotch Rice Crispy Bars! Make these for a special dessert and enjoy with your friends and family.
When it comes to dessert, moderation is the name of the game. Completely cutting out sweets and desserts from your diet typically ends up backfiring and will cause you to over-eat these foods later on!
Instead of giving up dessert entirely, practice eating these foods mindfully and really savor the flavor and texture of your favorite desserts. Eat slowly and enjoy!
Butterscotch Rice Crispy Bars
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 cups brown rice crisps cereal
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces M&M’s
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the brown rice cereal until evenly coated.
- Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Press the cereal mixture into the dish until evenly spread out. Top with the M&M’s, pressing them into the top of the cereal mixture.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Drizzle over the cereal mixture. Repeat the same process with the butterscotch chips.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until the cereal mixture is set and hardened. Slice into 16 squares and serve.