We love a refreshing gazpacho during the summer! This nutrient dense soup is full of vegetables that are loaded with fiber to help keep you satisfied. Top this soup with chilled shrimp for an added boost of protein and nutrients like selenium and vitamin B12.
Chill soup in refrigerator – the longer the gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop!
Refreshing Summer Gazpacho
This nutrient dense soup is full of vegetables that are loaded with fiber to help keep you satisfied. Chill soup in refrigerator – the longer the gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
- Yield: 4-6 Servings 1x
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 roma tomates, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1–2 tbsp white sugar
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat In a bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, half of the onion, half of the cucumber, half of the tomato, half the zucchini, half the celery, half the tomato juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, tabasco and dash of salt
- Pulse until all ingredients are blended – not too much. You should be able to see the individual vegetables
- Pour into bowl and add the rest of the tomato juice. Add the remaining onion, cucumber, tomato, zucchini and celery to food processor and pulse until right consistency
- I like a more processed/blended gazpacho. Add to bowl. Stir mixture together and check for seasonings
Keywords: Mediterranean, Mediterranean Diet, Soups, Seafood, Shrimp, Quick & Easy, Summer