This quick and easy dish will become a dinner staple in your household and will help you reach your weekly fish intake goals! We should all aim to eat two servings of fish per week. Fish is high in protein, low in saturated fat, and full of vitamin D and selenium. Many types of fish are also high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
The pinto beans add plant-based protein and fiber.
Pair this dish with your favorite steamed, grilled, or roasted veggie. If you don’t have a grill pan, this recipe works well under the broiler or on the stovetop!
Pair this dish with your favorite steamed, grilled, or roasted veggie. If you don't have a grill pan, this recipe works well under the broiler or on the stovetop!
- 4 6 ounces Tilapia or Red Snapper fillets
- cooking spray
- ground cumin
- kosher salt
- red chili pepper flakes
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup green olives pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 16 ounces can pinto beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish with cumin, salt, and red pepper to taste. Heat grill pan to medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Place fish on a grill pan and 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Combine cilantro, olives, salsa, beans, and tomatoes.
- Serve fish with salsa mixture and a lime wedge
If no grill pan is available, this recipe works well under the broiler or on the stove-top as well!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!