This recipe was inspired by a classic Southern Living recipe, but we lightened it up by using less oil and cheese. We promise the flavor is still amazing thanks to the combination of a few of our favorite summer fruits and veggies – peaches and tomatoes. It comes together so easily and makes such a refreshing summer side.
Peaches are naturally low in calories and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals. Try grilling halved peaches for a delicious and healthy summer dessert! Corn is a whole grain that can be incorporated into a healthy Mediterranean lifestyle.
Tomato, Peach, and Corn Salad
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 peach large dice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon shallot minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place corn in a microwave-safe dish. Add 1⁄4 cup water, cover dish, and microwave for 2 minutes. When cool, cut corn off the cob and set aside.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid. Shake to combine and set aside.
- Combine tomato wedges with the diced peach and 1 cup of corn kernels in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt. Drizzle with prepared dressing. Toss to coat and transfer to large serving platter.
- Top with feta cheese and chopped mint. sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.