In this quick and easy Spicy Peanut Zoodle Salad, we are using our Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai sauce and kicking up the heat. When I was in school, peanut butter and jelly was my favorite lunch. This is my favorite grown-up version!
We love peanut butter because its a great source of protein, healthy fat and vitamin E, B3, B6 and magnesium. It’s a pantry staple that can be used to boost the nutrient content (and flavor!) of both meals and snacks.Print
Spicy Peanut Zoodle Salad
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 2 packages of spiralized zucchini noodles ( or 4 zucchini to spiralize yourself)
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of natural unsalted peanut butter
- 2–3 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon of Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- Water, for thinning
Garnish: chopped peanuts, lime slice, cilantro and mint leaves
- Make the Sauce: Add all ingredients except water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water to desired consistency. I added 2 Tablespoon of water. Set aside. Taste and adjust Sriracha and red pepper flakes to desired heat!
- In a medium sized bowl, add the zucchini noodles, carrots, chicken and scallions. Add half of the sauce and combine. Add more sauce if needed to coat the zoodles. Add the mint and cilantro and stir.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, more cilantro and mint and a slice of lime.
Keywords: Salads, Dinner, Lunch, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Quick & Easy