Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Shrimp
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash about 4-5 cups after roasting
- 1 Tablespoon of canola oil
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup of carrots about 2-3 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 3 green onions chopped
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 8 oz of medium peeled raw shrimp
- 2 eggs whisked together
- Garnish: fresh cilantro bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, and lime
Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of natural unsalted peanut butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger minced
- ¼ teaspoon of Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- Water for thinning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roast your spaghetti squash: Cut your squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Place squash halves, cut side down in a 13 x 9 pyrex dish or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender. Do not over cook. It is ready when you can pierce through the flesh with a fork. The timing will depend on the size of your squash.
- Scrape the inside of the squash with a fork to produce spaghetti-like strands. Place in bowl and set aside.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare your Pad Thai Sauce: Add all ingredients except water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water to desired consistency. I added 1 Tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil. Add the onions, bell peppers, carrots, green onions and ginger. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes and add the shrimp. Cook until pink about 3 minutes.
- Push everything to the side and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs breaking them into small pieces as they cook.
- Turn down the heat and add the sauce to the skillet. Add the spaghetti squash and toss to combine.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts and a lime slice. Enjoy!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!
We love this lightened up version of everyone’s favorite Thai takeout order!