We love this slow cooker Greek chicken for an easy weeknight meal. Using a slow cooker brings out the flavor in foods and creates really delicious, tender meats. And of course, nothing beats the convenience!
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- Yield: 6-8 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: feta cheese, chopped basil
- Spray the bowl of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker and top with red bell pepper, red onion and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, honey, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the chicken and vegetables and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Make sure to check chicken to ensure it does not overcook.
Serve over your favorite grain such as farro, orzo or brown rice. It is delicious served in a pita with tzatziki sauce as well!
Adapted from Well Plated by Erin.
Keywords: Dinner, Gluten Free, Quick & Easy, Greek, Mediterranean, Mediterranean diet, Chicken, Slow Cooker