Who doesn’t love a warming bowl of curry during the winter? Curries are packed with flavor and inflammation-fighting nutrients like fresh ginger, garlic and curry powder. Curry powder contains a compound called curcumin, which research shows reduces inflammation associated with certain inflammatory conditions, arthritis, and even anxiety!
This sheet pan curry chicken is inspired by our slow cooker chicken curry. I love making our slow cooker version but needed something that can be made in a flash. So I used all the same ingredients and pumped up the veggies. The result .. a new family favorite – dinner in a flash, makes enough for leftovers for lunch and your house smells amazing!
Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
Curries are packed with flavor and inflammation-fighting nutrients like fresh ginger, garlic and curry powder. Curry powder contains a compound called curcumin, which research shows reduces inflammation associated with certain inflammatory conditions, arthritis, and even anxiety!
- Category: Dinner
- 1 lb of chicken breast tenders
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 1” pieces
- 2–3 cups broccoli florets
- 2–3 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ onion, chopped, 1 “ pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tablespoons curry
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: cilantro, chopped peanuts, chutney, coconut, greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place chicken tenders, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and onion in a large bowl and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, place garlic, ginger, curry, cumin, olive oil, water, and tomato paste. Whisk until combined.
- Add the tomato paste mixture to the chicken and vegetable bowl and combine until chicken and vegetables are coated with mixture.
- Spray the baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and spread the curry chicken and vegetables evenly on the baking sheet. ( If your baking sheet is too crowded, use 2 sheets)
- Salt and pepper the chicken and vegetables and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
To serve: Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, chutney and Greek yogurt.
Get creative: make a bowl with your leftovers for lunch the next day.
Keywords: Sheet Pan, Winter, Curry, Chicken, Dinner, Bowls