Pears are a great swap to mix up your traditional apple crumble Greek yogurt adds a little tang while upping the protein content of this dessert.
Roasted Pear Crumble
- 2 ripe but firm pears halved and cored
- 2 tsp plus 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw almonds or pecan halves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp old fashioned oats
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle of cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place pears, cut side up, on a small baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil. Roast on upper rack of oven until soft, 20-30 minutes. The riper the pear, the less time it will need. Let cool slightly.
- While pears are roasting, toss almonds, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, oats, salt, and remaining 1 Tbsp oil on a small baking sheet. Toast on lower rack of oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Whisk greek yogurt and honey together in a small bowl. Spoon yogurt mixture onto plates and top with pears and nut-oat crumble.
Recipe inspired by Bon Appetit
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!