Eating veggies is more fun when they’re roasted to add a rich flavor and delicious crispness! This salad is loaded with fall flavor. Eating seasonal fruits and vegetables is a great way to ensure you are eating produce when they taste their best and are higher in nutrients.
The cannellini beans add plant-based protein and fiber to this dish, giving this meal more staying power. Mushrooms take on the flavor of any dish while adding micronutrients and antioxidants.
Roasted Autumn Salad with Horseradish Vinaigrette
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 cup cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins
- 3 Tbsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced scallions
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar. Tightly secure the lid and shake to combine. Set aside. (This recipe makes more than enough dressing for the salad. Save extra in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place cauliflower and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl, and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Place butternut squash in the same bowl and toss with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. After the other vegetables have cooked for 10 minutes, add squash to the same pan and continue cooking for additional 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp outside and tender inside. Cooking time will vary depending on size of the vegetable pieces.
- Let vegetables cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine vegetables with beans, pomegranate seeds, and raisins and toss with just enough dressing to coat the salad.