This is a new favorite cake from America’s Test Kitchen. I love their recipes because they do all the hard work and have tried so many different formulas to make the perfect dish or dessert.
I love the combination of olive oil and whole milk yogurt in the cake. The result is a moist, delicate cake perfect for anytime of the day – breakfast, snack, desert time. And the lemon glaze is just right and light for welcoming Spring! I added a few fresh berries on top ! Enjoy!
Olive-Oil Yogurt Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt not Greek
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plain whole milk yogurt not Greek
For the Cake
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350F. Grease 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan using baking spray with flour.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs until sugar is mostly dissolved and mixture is pale and frothy, about 1 minute. Whisk in oil and yogurt until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour mixture until combined but no dry flour remains.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth top, and gently tap pan on counter to settle batter.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then gently turn cake out onto wire rack to cool.
For the Lemon Glaze
- Whisk confectioner’s sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and yogurt in bowl until smooth, adding more lemon juice as needed, up to 1 tablespoon, until glaze is thick but still pourable ( mixture should leave a faint trail across bottom of mixing bowl when drizzled from whisk)
- Once the cake is finished cooling and on a wire rack, drizzle half of glaze over warm cake and let cool for one hour. Drizzle the remaining glaze over the cake and let cool completely for about 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh berries!