This is a simple meal packed with flavor and nutrients. The lean protein from the chicken will ensure you will stay full for hours. Using cauliflower instead of bulgur wheat in the tabbouleh lightens up this dish and is such an easy way to get even more vegetables onto your plate.
Lemony Chicken Kebabs over Cauliflower Tabbouleh
The lean protein from the chicken will ensure you will stay full for hours. Cauliflower is a great source of fiber, b-vitamins, and antioxidants.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1.5-inch cubes
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 large english cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl - whisk in oil. Add chicken cubes and combine them. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, removing as much of the stem as possible and pulse in a food processor until grated.
- In a large bowl toss together the grated cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, parsley, and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, zest, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cauliflower mixture and toss well to combine. Cover tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Remove chicken from bowl and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 4, 10 inch skewers.
- Heat grill pan over high heat. Place skewers on the grill pan and cook for 6 minutes or until done, turning often. Serve over tabbouleh.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!