Flank steak is one of the leanest beef cuts. Marinate, grill, slice against the grain, and serve on top of this delicious salad.Print
Grilled Flank Steak Salad with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 pound of flank steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 cups of Arugula or your favorite greens
Chimichurri Sauce (makes 1 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the chimichurri sauce: combine all ingredients up to olive oil. Stir well. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Take flank steak out of the refrigerator and season with salt and pepper and brush with a little olive oil. Set aside. Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium high. Grill the meat until it is medium-rare, about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the size of the steak.
- Brush onion and corn with olive oil and place on grill next to meat. Grill until corn and onion are lightly charred. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When meat is done, place on cutting board and brush with 1 T of the chimichurri sauce. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice into thin slices, cutting across the grain.
- Slice the onions and cut the corn off from the cob. Place arugula or your favorite
Keywords: Dinner, Gluten-Free, Meat, Steak, Summer, Grilling