Golden beets are a great source of iron, potassium, folic acid, and fiber Strawberries make for a sweet source of powerful antioxidants as well as fiber.Print
Golden Beet and Roasted Strawberry Salad
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 6 small golden beets, scrubbed and trimmed (about 1 lb)
- 8 oz fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 6 cups arugula & spinach mix
- 4 very thin prosciutto slices
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place beets on a large piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Bake at 375F for about 1 hour, depending on size, until tender.
- Cool slightly and rub off skins with a paper towel. Cut beets into wedges.
- Combine strawberries with sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper to a jar and shake to combine.
- Divide the arugula mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with beets, strawberries, prosciutto, cheese, and almonds.
- Drizzle evenly with vinaigrette.