We love this recipe from Goop! The “mousse” is made of avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup and spices. Such an easy and a quick dessert when you need a little dark chocolate fix.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- 8 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder
- 4 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder or regular chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Almond milk unsweetened vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in food processor except almond milk. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Add almond milk to desired consistency. I like just a little - maybe 1-2 Tablespoons. Adjust seasonings - syrup and cayenne.
- Refrigerate for a few hours. It will thicken as it cools in refrigerator.
- Garnish with chopped peppermint. Enjoy!