We are big fans of Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi! It’s a great product to keep in your freezer for quick & easy meals like this one. We love any excuse to add more cauliflower to our diet. Cauliflowers are a cruciferous vegetable that are rich in cancer-fighting antioxidants.
Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- 12 ounces of Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower gnocchi
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound of ground chicken breast
- 2 cups of marinara sauce we love Rao’s Arrabbiata Sauce if you like it spicy
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft for about 5 minutes. Add the ground chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the frozen gnocchi in a non-stick skillet, add ¼ cup of water, cover and cook on medium until heated through and water is evaporated about 6-8 minutes. Add ½ -1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and saute and for about 3-5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Add the gnocchi, marinara sauce and red pepper flakes to the skillet with the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Add the parmesan and stir again.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and bake on the top oven rack until hot and bubbling and the cheese turns golden brown about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!