Nothing beats enchilada night! These classic enchiladas are a family favorite at our house. To boost the nutrient content of this meal, serve your enchiladas with a simple side salad. Yum!
Chicken Enchilada Verdes
- 4 Cooked and shredded, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 24 oz Salsa Verde we like Trader Joes Salsa Verde
- 8 oz La Vaquita Queso Fresco grated
- ½ cup shredded 2% Mexican cheese blend
- 8-10 La Tortilla Factory White Corn and Wheat Handmade Style Tortillas
- Diced onion - optional
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Chicken: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle olive oil over the breasts and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes. While still warm, take 2 forks and shred the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Prepare Your Enchilada-Making Station: Prep enchilada pan - spray pan with cooking spray. Pour enough Salsa Verde to cover the bottom of the pan. Place shredded chicken, queso fresco, and onion if desired in bowls around a cutting board. Place cutting board next to stove where you will assemble the enchiladas.
- Soften and Fill the Tortillas: Heat 1 tbsp of canola oil in a large non-stick frying an over medium heat. Add 2 tortillas to pan and let rest for 10 seconds or so then flip to the other side. When the tortillas become soft and pliable, remove to your cutting board. Place about 2 Tbs of chicken and 1 Tbs queso fresco in the center of your tortilla and roll up. Place the rolled tortilla seam side down in your casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour Salsa Verde over all the tortillas until covered. Make sure to pour sauce between the enchiladas. Sprinkle with Mexican cheddar cheese blend and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until heated through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. May be made ahead and reheated in oven or microwave.
- Garnish with sour cream, chopped cilantro, guacamole, more cheese or salsa!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!