This chicken is delicious and so satisfying! The blend of spices are what make this chicken so flavorful. The Mediterranean Diet emphasizes big flavors through the use of a variety of spices, fresh herbs and seasonings. In addition to adding a ton of flavor, using spices, herbs and seasonings reduces the amount of salt needed to flavor a dish.
To make this a complete meal, serve this chicken with your favorite whole grain like brown rice, farro or quinoa, and a vegetable side like a big green salad or steamed broccoli.
Baked Dijon Chicken
This chicken is delicious and so satisfying! Serve with whole grains and your favorite vegetable-loaded side for a complete meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8 pieces)
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine the oil, mustard, honey, garlic, spices, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and mix to coat each piece well.
- Place the coated chicken and onion slices in a large cast-iron skillet, pouring any extra sauce on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken thighs are fully cooked through – the internal temperature should read 165F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken, dinner, baked