● Eggs are a great source of protein. Protein is essential for health as it functions as the building blocks for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood.
● Red bell pepper contributes vitamin C along with vibrant color. Vitamin C is an immune boosting vitamin helping protect the body from harmful free radicals, and promotes healthy skin
● Only 65 calories each and low in saturated fat.
Vegetable Frittata Muffins
- Olive oil spray
- ½ Yellow onion diced
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 Handfuls baby spinach roughly chopped
- ¼ Tsp Kosher salt
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- 4 Whole eggs
- 4 Egg whites
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ Cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh rosemary basil and parsley to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with oil spray to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, spinach and cheese to each of the 12 muffin cups.* Pour ¼ to ½ cup of the egg mixture over the vegetables. Bake for 22-24 minutes, checking after 15 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
- Once muffins have cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. Alternatively, they can be individually wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in a Ziploc bag for up to 1 month in the freezer. To reheat, microwave for up to 30 seconds or reheat in a toaster oven.