Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin E, and the antioxidant beta-carotene.
They also contain the nutrients manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, and biotin.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into 1" squares
- 1 red onion cut into 1" wedges
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- Optional: diced roma tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, chopped parsley and/or basil, crumbled center-cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chopped Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil, salt, and peppers around the edge of the bowl, and toss to fully coat the vegetables.
- Spread vegetables into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast vegetables in the oven until Brussels sprouts are crisp, and the sweet potato is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and turn up to high heat. Add the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper. Let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. (You may need to add a little water if the vegetables start to stick)
- Make 4 “wells” with the back of a large spoon and crack the eggs into the hash. Cover and cook eggs until they reach desired doneness.
- Take off the stove and sprinkle with optional ingredients.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!