Pesto can be made with practically any nut to change up the flavor profile of your dish The olive oil in this pesto is a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids.Print
Pistachio Basil Pesto
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- 4 c fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c roasted and shelled pistachios
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend or pulse until pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container.